9.06.2008

Marci Washington

. 9.06.2008

I'm not sure if her subjects are dead or alive, otherworldly or human, but I love these paintings by Marci Washington.








And the teeth - the teeth just kill me!



From her website: "I grew up moving all over the California bay area and moved to Oakland to attend the California College of the Arts and Crafts, where I received my BFA in 2002. I moved to Los Angeles for a bit and then came back to Oakland and CCA, where I got my MFA in 2008.

Currently I am interested in building a fictional narrative with connections to history as well as to the present. It's like I'm illustrating a novel that doesn't exist. If it did, it would probably be a lot like Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, or Bleak House- novels which function as social commentary as well as beautiful romantic epics.
"

Check out more of Marci's work at www.marciwashington.com.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

Feed me comments!

NOTE: All comments are moderated. Any comments deemed to be spam will never see the light of day. Bummer. Also, try not to be a douchebag. Comments with the mark of "The Bag" will be edited or removed completely.

As you were.

Related Posts with Thumbnails