10.16.2008

You complete me.

. 10.16.2008

I really like bacon, but not as much as I like this comic about liking bacon.



A page from Jesse Breytenbach's graphic novel "I Don't Like Chocolate".

I ran across Jesse Breytenbach's shop today and was excited to see the comic arts represented on Etsy. Jesse is a free-lance illustrator and comic artist living in Cape Town, South Africa. She's a multi-talented lady with skill in printmaking, drawing, knitting, and even ceramics!

I trained as a printmaker, mostly in woodblock printing. I love the magic of printmaking, of how the marks of a drawing take on a completely different character during the printmaking process. That said, I'm also a big fan of digital printing! When I'm not drawing or printing, I like to knit and crochet. Most of my drawing is in black and white, but I'm addicted to colour - crafts give me a reason to indulge that passion.

Check out her print shop here and her knitting/sewing/fabric shop here.

Read more about her graphic novel, "I Don't Like Chocolate" and be sure to stop by her blog, too!

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

Feed me comments!

NOTE: All comments are moderated. Any comments deemed to be spam will never see the light of day. Bummer. Also, try not to be a douchebag. Comments with the mark of "The Bag" will be edited or removed completely.

As you were.

Related Posts with Thumbnails