12.07.2009

At Home :: Branch Wall

. 12.07.2009


Last week I finally got started on painting the "Branch Wall" in our little dining room area.  The pattern is obviously based on the Branch Wallpaper from Ferm Living, but we opted to try and paint it instead.  The easiest route would have been to create a stencil and just do the whole thing that way, but it was a little too complicated for me to figure out.  So, I took the next logical option and recreated this pattern in Photoshop and, using a projector, traced it onto the wall.  The fact that this first, simple step took a whole day should have been a warning sign of things to come.


You see, that teeny, tiny bit at the top there took me TWO HOURS.  Two hours, people.  Please note how much wall is left.  Someone called me a masochist for doing this, and I think they might be right.  Either that or I am completely insane.

So, I am off to try and make a bigger dent in this project.  Hopefully I don't lose my mind by the time this is done.

Are any of you currently working on projects at home?  I'd love to hear about them!  Share in the comments - maybe we can encourage each other to keep going!

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

Feed me comments!

NOTE: All comments are moderated. Any comments deemed to be spam will never see the light of day. Bummer. Also, try not to be a douchebag. Comments with the mark of "The Bag" will be edited or removed completely.

As you were.

Related Posts with Thumbnails