3.08.2010

Top 5 Items Every Modernist Should Own

. 3.08.2010

OK, maybe not every modernist.  Really, this is just a list of classic modern designs that I wish I owned.  My fave five, if you will.  Have a different list?  Let's hear it!

1. Eames Lounger - possibly the most iconic Mid-Century Modern piece ever created.  I hear it was inspired by a baseball mit.  Charming.

2. Arco Floor Lamp - Imagine reading your favorite glossy in your Eames Lounger with this sexy, marble number illuminating your space!

3. Noguchi Table - Sculptural and absolutely perfectly balanced.  A visual delight, to say the least.

4. George Nelson Clocks - What space is complete without one of these classic wall clocks??  No space.  Especially not mine.  I need one of these, stat!

5. Saarinen Womb Chair - C'mon, people.  A "womb" chair?  This thing was designed for comfort, no doubt about it.

*BONUS*
6. Barcelona Chair - This was originally designed to serve as seating for the king and queen of Spain.  If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.  I actually own a (very high quality) reproduction.  Sure, it's not the real thing, but it's beautiful and comfy.  Curious, what are your thoughts on knock offs of classic modern pieces?

OK, there's my top 5 list of classic modern designs, plus one.  Now, let's compare!  Share your fave five in the comments!

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

Feed me comments!

NOTE: All comments are moderated. Any comments deemed to be spam will never see the light of day. Bummer. Also, try not to be a douchebag. Comments with the mark of "The Bag" will be edited or removed completely.

As you were.

Related Posts with Thumbnails